Home damaged as fire breaks out in bathroom
A BEERWAH home has sustained "substantial damage" after a fire broke out in the bathroom early this morning.
Two firefighting crews, police and paramedics were called to the Fraser Rd home just after 6am when the fire started, a Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said.
When crews arrived smoke was issuing from the single-storey home, but the building was not fully involved. The blaze was out by about 6.35am and firefighters remained to ventilate the house.
Three people were assessed at the scene but did not require further treatment, a Queensland Ambulance Service representative said.
A fire investigator attended the house this morning and the blaze was deemed not suspicious, police said.
The house reportedly sustained some internal structural damage around the bathroom, as well as smoke damage to the adjoining rooms.