Dream home: Mediterranean masterpiece sells for $15M
WITH spectacular views, private marina, Mediterranean-inspired architecture and unrivalled luxury features throughout, Mandalay House is the epitome of a dream home on the beautiful Whitsunday coast, at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.
Listed for sale for $19 million, it was sold in June 2017 for $14 million through Ray White Whitsunday.
The owners worked with an open cheque book alongside their architect, who specialises in Mediterranean-style resort architecture.
When you walk through the home it feels like you're looking through a picture frame, every detail has been considered with unobstructed vistas from every angle.
Mandalay House took 3½ years to build, nothing was overlooked during the construction period, with high-quality artisans and materials sourced from overseas and Australia.
The owners had travelled extensively and drew inspiration from homes in Nice and Monte Carlo, they were passionate about ensuring the building materials honoured the Mediterranean style of homes, the patina of every surface and construction of the home was crafted to ensure the building gets better with age.
The architect and his interior designer partner travelled through Europe for inspiration prior to the build phase and they purchased exact furniture to suit the shape of every room.
The property is opulent, a sequence of increasingly rich interiors reminiscent of the Baroque period, with most of the antiquities originating from Italy and the US.
The horizon swimming pool feels like it's part of the home, when you walk through the interior you get a glimpse of the pool from every room, it feels like it's inside the home. On the ocean side a wet edge runs off continuously into the Coral Sea.
Lower level: Features a climate-controlled cellar with dining for 12, cinema, gymnasium, garage, staff quarters and utilities.
Main level: Enter the home via a magnificent hall with spiral staircase and feature windows looking out over the bay. This level features a gallery, living rooms, dining, kitchen, studio office and pool access
Upper level: This level includes the 144sq m master bedroom with private sitting area and 52sq m all-in dressing room. There are four guest bedrooms, all with ensuites. A generous shared balcony runs the length of the building to make the most of the magical ocean views.
- Completely private waterfront - no public access
- 4241sq m northwest-facing block
- Backed by a national park
- 2649sq m residence
- Amazing horizon pool
- Six king-sized bedrooms, all with ensuites
- Nine bathrooms (including ensuites)
- 144sq m master bedroom with lounge and separate 52sq m walk-in dressing room
- Formal lounge and dining
- Kitchen with adjoining casual dining plus butler's pantry and walk-in cold room
- Ocean-front pavilion with dining for 14
- Self-contained office with secretarial space
- Climate-controlled cellar with dining for12
- Cinema, gymnasium and pool room
- Separate, fully self-contained caretaker/staff cottage
- Multi-zone airconditioning throughout
- Monitored security with CCTV and 24-hour recording
- Five-car garage
- Private 22.5m marina berth with all-weather rock wall plus two jet ski docks and boat shed
- Private helipad (10 minutes by helicopter to Hamilton Island jet airport)
- Uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea and nearby islands
- Golf, fine dining, shopping and six-star resorts are just a short trip away.
OWN PRIVATE OCEAN FRONT
There is no public access to the water or beach front of this property. In Australia it is no longer possible to build a residence with a private ocean-front wall marina.
This property is for sale via expressions of interest and is one of the most stunning mansions in Australia.
Its prime waterfront location and the sheer calibre of the home makes it an opulent choice for the discerning buyer.