Even under asking price this home still tops Bay market
A DUNDOWRAN Beach corner-block home which sold for $25,000 less than asking price still became the highest recorded price for Fraser Coast real estate last week.
The five-bedroom, two-bathroom house at 2 Cockatiel Court spent 269 days on the market listed at $590,000 before selling for $565,000.
The 2,006sq m block property with four car spaces comes complete with a large shed, ducted air-con, a 10,000L rain-water tank and fish ponds.
From September to December in 2005, previous owners spent more than $230,000 building the house, swimming pool and spa.
The home last sold in December 2007 for $565,000 and the land valued in June 2018 for $149,000.
The middle-of-the-pack sales price for the region was $310,000, which gave one home owner the title to 11/80 Moolyyir St in Urangan.
The bargain hunter's property last week was 3/10 Denmans Camp Rd in Torquay which sold for $159,000.
Top 10 reported Fraser Coast sales last week:
1. 2 Cockatiel Ct, Dundowran Beach $565,000
2. 94 Oslove Dr, Booral $490,000
3. 3 Corfield St, Point Vernon $480,000
4. 14 Elboz Ct, Burrum Heads $470,000
5. 10 San Marco Ct, Urangan $460,000
6. 6 Curlew Tce, River Heads $430,000
7. 4 Acacia St, Point Vernon $429,000
8. 41/27 Stephenson St, Pialba $400,000
9. 126 Pacific Haven Cct, Pacific Haven $380,000
10. 9 Dean Ct, Urraween $370,000
This list is based on last week's confirmed sales using the combination of transactions reported from local real estate agents to Corelogic and settled sale data provided by the Department of Natural Resources.