UPDATE: Check out Seafront Oval ground preparations for PBR
Sand has been dumped and fencing is beginning to go up at Pialba's Seafront Oval for the Pro Bull Riding Tour on Saturday.
The 40-foot big screen, which will broadcast kiss-cam action and slow motion replays of riders being bucked off, will be delivered also.
"It is pretty exciting…it is just massive, so people will be blown away with that," event organiser Dianne Hallam said.
Preparations will continue through to Saturday, with the placement of tiered seating, the arena and food vendors.
"It is a busy couple of days getting ready for an awesome night," she said.
Tickets are $40 adult, $15 child and $95 for a family pass.
Tickets can be bought from www.ruralweekly.com.au/liveseries/, Fraser Coast Chronicle front counters in Maryborough and Hervey Bay and Oceans Resort and Spa.
IT'S ALL hands on deck at Pialba's Seafront Oval, with preparations set to begin for Saturday's Pro Bull Riding Tour.
Fencing will be erected, toilet cubicles dropped off, sand delivered and spread, bull shoots put in place and a 40-foot big screen installed and wired up from 7am on Friday.
The prep work will continue on Saturday, with low level tiered seating to be positioned, the stage set and drinks delivered.
Event organiser Dianne Hallam said anyone wanting to take a peek from a safe distance to check out the site's progress was welcome to.
"But they need to be mindful of the trucks," she said.
About 50 bulls will arrive at about 2pm on the day from four different properties across Queensland.
The heavy beasts will be walked through the finished arena before gates open at 5pm for the 7pm PBR show.
Ms Hallam said she hoped the event, presented by the Fraser Coast Chronicle and the Rural Weekly, would help boost the Fraser Coast economy.
"It is bringing people to town," she said.
A rock concert performed by James Johnson from about 9.30pm on the night will keep those mingling with cowboys entertained.
The Chronicle's Helen Reckdale, Louise Holmes and Vicki Seddon can't wait to see the Akubra hats and boots worn on the night.
Pro Bull Riding Tour Live Series
- At Pialba's Seafront Oval on Saturday with gates open from 5pm.
- Bring your own seating. There will also be a picnic blanket only section close to the arena.
- The two-and-a-half hour show begins at 7pm. Slow motion replays will capture every second riders spend on their bull.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and food available for purchase.
- Tickets are $40 adults, children $15 and family passes $95.
- Available from the Fraser Coast Chronicle front office counters, Oceans Resort and Spa in Hervey Bay or the gates on the night. Also visit www.ruralweekly.com.au/liveseries.