Judge calls alleged racist attack 'disgusting'

A MAN charged over an "appalling" racist attack on a Brisbane train security guard which went viral on YouTube has been released on bail.

Abdel-Kader Russell-Boumzar wore a watchhouse-issued brown jumper as he shuffled into the dock in Brisbane Magistrates Court.

Magistrate Bronwyn Springer granted the 17 year old bail on the strict condition he must not leave his parents' side unless he is at work, court or his lawyer's office.

"He's still carrying on like a child, so he'll be treated like one," she said of his behaviour on the train.

Friend Bailey Clout, 18, filmed the second-year apprentice mechanic allegedly abusing Brisbane rail security officer Josphat Mkhwananzi.

The video shows a man repeatedly calling Mr Mkhwananzi a "n*****" and a "black c***" after he was asked not to put his feet on the train's seats.

WARNING: Video contains EXTREMELY strong language

Russell-Boumzar was charged for allegedly spitting in the guard's face and will be forced to undergo a disease test.

Duty lawyer Tim Clements said the spitting allegation was "strongly contested".

"I thought it was all caught on footage . . . disgusting behaviour," Magistrate Springer said.

Russell-Boumzar was charged with assault, assault occasioning bodily harm, creating a disturbance, making threats and using a carriage service to menace.

He was banned from going to any train station or Queensland Rail infrastructure, seeing his co-accused friend or making contact with the alleged victim.

He was also put on a curfew must report to police three times a week.

Magistrate Springer called the alleged attack an "appalling incident" and noted Russell-Boumzar had turned 17 just three days before it happened, making him an adult under Queensland law.

Clout, who filmed the incident while laughing at Mr Mkhwananzi's plight, pleaded guilty to creating a disturbance and was convicted and fined $400.

Magistrate Springer said Clout had an eight-page criminal history.

He smiled and waved at the gallery after being sentenced.

Russell-Boumzar will reappear in court on November 3.