NBN Co employee caught joining AFP raid to take photos
THE Federal Opposition says it still wants to know why an NBN Co employee took 32 photographs of documents during Thursday night's Australian Federal Police raids on Labor figures in Melbourne.
Labor claimed parliamentary privilege over the documents seized from the office of Senator Stephen Conroy and the home of a Labor staff member, as part of an investigation into leaks from NBN Co.
The documents have been sealed and can not be accessed by the police until the Senate has resolved the privilege claim.
NBN Co said the photographs taken by its employee and sent on to colleagues had since been destroyed, and the AFP told lawyers for the Labor Party the photographs could not be retrieved and were not stored in a cloud service.
But Opposition finance spokesman Tony Burke said Labor's lawyers were seeking written assurances from the AFP that the photographs had been destroyed.
Read more at ABC News Online