Resident taken to hospital after clothes dryer fire

PARAMEDICS took an Eli Waters resident to Hervey Bay Hospital for smoke inhalation after an appliance fire on Ibis Bvd. 

Fire crews were called to the home about 10.45pm after reports of a clothes dryer on fire. 

It is believed the fire started from the dryer and there was also smoke damage to the garage area. 

When crews arrived on scene the dryer was well alight. 

They had the fire out within minutes of arrival. 

Paramedics took one patient to hospital in a stable condition. 

It is a timely reminder for residents with dryers to ensure they clean out their lint filter on a regular basis during the cooler months. 

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services also offer a free safe home service.