Emergency services responded to reports of a house fire on Ann St.
Emergency services responded to reports of a house fire on Ann St. Inge Hansen

Stove catches fire at home

EMERGENCY crews were called to a Torquay home after receiving reports of a fire.

Initial reports suggested a stove at the home on Ann St caught fire about 12.15pm Monday.

A fire station officer said the thickness of smoke caused by the fire made the blaze seem much bigger than it was.

<<KEEP UP TO DATE WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY COVERAGE HERE>>

He said no one was injured in the blaze.

The officer told the Chronicle the stove had been badly damaged during the small blaze.