What has become of your New Year's resolution?
AS WE turn the page on another calendar year, we are all usually guilty of making new year's resolutions that are lucky to last through to the end of the month, let alone last the whole year.
Now that we have entered February what has become of yours?
Don't worry...you're not on your own, there is still time to regain the ball and run with it.
As a beauty therapist, I come back to work every year hearing the same chant from clients, friends and family who are caught up in the moment - "it's a new year, time for a new me".
For many of us it's the old "I'm going to get fit and lose weight", but in my business, it's usually "I've decided to look after myself this year and have some 'me' time."
That's fantastic, but make sure it's something you do for yourself regularly, maybe even daily.
Here are some ideas on things you could treat yourself to from my area of expertise.
- book a monthly massage
- have a regular manicure/ pedicure
- book a facial and have a take-home treatment plan and product prescribed for you, this is something that you will do for yourself every day
- have a reiki treatment to balance your chakra energies
- a fresh haircut and colour makes you feel fresh and vibrant
- throw out old, grubby makeup and brushes and refresh your makeup bag with new fashionable colours that are in season
- groom your brows and lashes by having a wax and tint - beautiful eyes will have you looking forward to communicating and looking people in the eye knowing you are gorgeous
It really doesn't matter if you choose to do some, or all of the things on this list.
Challenge yourself - "the new year, new me will try new things whether they be small or major life changes".
Keep the new year's resolution going all year long. After all, don't we all deserve a little "me time"?