You are going to Falls for this music line-up
FALLS Festival has announced it line up for 2016/17 with a cavalcade of Australian and international acts for the New Year.
Tickets to the festival will go on sale at 9am on Tuesday, August 30, via the festival website.
Festival lovers have the chance to sing and be the first ticket holders in town.
Score a VIP pass for you and three friends by downloading the official Falls Festival app and taking part in #fallskaraoke.
Belt out your favourite songs from the upcoming festival line-up by choosing a song, pressing record, adding some stickers and uploading to Instagram with the hashtag #fallskaraoke.
Make sure you tag @fallsfestival and the three pals you'll take along if you win.
- Byron Bay local Bernard Fanning is part of the line up. The musician, who released his first solo album, Civil Dusk, earlier this month, should be a favourite based on how fast tickets to his upcoming solo tour are going.
- Other artists in the line up are American singer, actor, writer and DJ Childish Gambino, British trio London Grammar (returning after they cancelled their Splendour 2014 appearance), electronic mashup kings The Avalanches, Brisbane alt-rock band Violent Soho, singer songwriter Matt Corby and DJ/producer Alison Wonderland.
- Also in the line up are British indie rock band Catfish And The Bottlemen, New Zealand seven piece Fat Freddy's Drop, Australian musician and producer Ta-ku, 2016 Hottes 100 winners The Rubens, Sydney indie rock band The Jezabels, Brisbane rock-pop quintet Ball Park Music, American indie troupe Grouplove, English singer songwriter Jamie T, New Zealand brotehr and sister duo Broods, and Zimbabwe-born Tkay Maidza, who is currently a hot act in the Australian hip hop scene.
- North Byron Parklands will also have this New Year Bajan-born American hip hop act Grandmaster Flash, Australian hip hop artists Illy, Danish singer Mø, dance superstar Hot Dub Time Machine, Aussie rock band DMA's and English electronic duo Alunageorge.
WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE
- Booka Shade, Client Liaison, Vallis Alps, Parquet Courts, City Calm Down and LDRU are also acts confirmed for this year's festival, joined by Modern Baseball, Tired Lion, Remi, Ry X, Marlon Williams, Lemaitre and Shura.
The NSW version of the festival will be held at North Byron Parklands on December 31 2016, January 1 and 2, 2017 and it's a 18+ event.